Friday, September 24, 2010

September 21st
This week the contour line drawing was a lot more consuming than the past contour drawings. I found myself actually focusing on the figure more and trying to forget about proportions. I enjoyed the process of drawing while not worrying too much about how the whole things would turn out. That is something that I have to consciously remind myself while I am drawing in a large setting because I feel that drawing is not one of my artistic strengths but something I really need to work hard at.


one minute gesture drawing


one minute gesture drawing


30 minute contour drawing

September 23rd

The clay modeling on the skeleton is a lot more difficult than I thought it would be. With measuring the skeleton from one vertebrae to the next in order to see how long the muscle should be before I cut it out was something I had not considered before I started the process. I hope this is something that becomes easier as the semester goes on. I also had not considered how gentle I need to be when attaching other muscles in order to not damage the ones already attached to the skeleton. Eek! My long fingernails keep getting in the way and taking chunks out of the muscles already attached.

I am looking forward to how all of the muscles are going to come together. I noticed while attaching the muscles how difficult it is to see where the attachments should go when muscles are already laid down before them. It is a weird concept to think about internalizing these muscles that are overlapping and so complex and spiral that we all have inside us. It is a humbling experience to say the least. I am also looking forward to drawing back muscles and playing around with how they appear underneath the skin of the model.

No comments:

Post a Comment