Tuesday, November 9, 2010


November 9th, 2010

Compare and Contrast of Old and New Shell Drawings in small groups
While comparing my old drawing to my new shell drawing it was noted that I should have more line variation throughout the bulk of the shell. There needs to be more attention paid to proportion even though the angle looking at the shell was a difficult job with foreshortening. My group also told me to use the lines on the shell for actual indicators on planar changes and "cheat" using those planar changes to indicate the spiral motion of the shell's long tube.

I took the advice from my fellow classmates and put some more work into my shell drawing after the in class critique. This is the shell drawing that came out of more work in paying attention to my line weight and the overall darkening of my line work as well as additional contour lines.

2nd Cross Contour Shell Drawing

No comments:

Post a Comment