Tuesday, December 14, 2010



Summary of the semester

I feel as though I have learned a lot about bone structure, line drawing, cross contour lines in three dimensional space and the use of ink with drawing materials. It has been helpful to me to catalogue all of these things with my camera and place them online on this blog and my flickr account as well.

Shell Drawing 3

I am proud of the collection of various length drawings, maniken, and shell drawings I completed this semester and overcoming my fears of drawing from life. There are many ways in which I will continue to pursue the goals I set out for myself at the beginning of the semester in this class. I want to gain more confidence in my drawing skills in order to draw on the board as an art teacher as Amy draws three dimensional skeletal structure on the board in demonstrations. I feel like that skill will come with time and experience but it is something I am looking forward to.

Shell Drawing 4


One thing I believe I will continue to work on is my sense of identity in my drawings. As I traveled around the room during drawing sessions with the figure I noticed how distinctly different styles appeared on many classmates drawing boards. I want to be able to express my own style through my drawings as I do through my paintings. There are many ways in which Life Drawing has informed the figures I paint through proportions and tools I can utilize as though I am drawing through paint. I would like the opposite to ring true as well and have my painting style inform my drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment